Acai berry is rich in fats and fiber and low in sugar. About 50% of the total energy comes from fat while sugar is below 4%.
With the high amount of antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins found in Acai berry, there are so many benefits to get from this super-food.
Acai Berry Supplement Benefits
- Antioxidants can help controlling cholesterol, reducing free radicals and inflammation in the body.
Free radicals are highly reactive oxygen compounds that are produced in the body. They can be referred to as the pollutants in the body.
Free radicals cause which can lead to cell damage in the body. ,
- It can also reduce the risks of diabetes, arthritis, and the diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- It also helps against arteriosclerosis, high blood pressure, fibromyalgia, and autoimmune disorders.
- Since Acai berry is rich in natural antioxidants, it can slow down the aging processes at the cellular level.
- It can as well strengthened the cardiovascular system, and improve the vision.
Acai berry is high in calcium, the most abundant mineral in the body, which is mostly deposited and in the bones and teeth.
calcium deficiency can lead to the symptoms of osteoporosis, thereby, Acai berry supplement can help children that are still growing.
- In addition to helping with strong bones, it can as well help the nerve and muscle cells.
- It also helps in glycogen metabolism, cell division and in the functioning of enzymes and hormones.
- Acai berry helps in digestion of foods, absorption of nutrients some chemical processes in the body.
In the last decade, there are various research studies on the health benefits of this berry
Some findings were carried out by Stephen Talcott and his team at the institute of food and agriculture, University of Florida.
In his studies, the extract of acai berry triggered a self-destruct response in up to 86% of the leukemia cell cultures.
It was however disclosed that leukemia can not be prevented with this fruit but can be helpful.
In his result, he discovered that antioxidant activity is increased in the blood when acai berry is consumed for some periods of time.
A group of researchers at Kobe University and Fukui, Japan also discovered that acai berry has an inhibitory effect on IgE-mediated activation of mast cell degranulation.
This activation plays a major role in allergic reactions. All research groups agree that further studies are important in order to explain the full potential of the acai berry.