How do you live a healthy lifestyle ?
Every product of value, most of necessity demand quality input. Health is a priceless quality product of value which is usually said to be WEALTH. It is a condition of soundness of the tripartite being, body, soul, and spirit.
It is an indisputable fact that man’s lifestyle to a very large extent determines his state of health per time. It takes conscious efforts to stay healthy. The types of food, their methods of consumption, mood stability, spiritual wellness and many other factors constitute the sources of our healthy living.
The following should be considered to improve our health.
- Eat health-giving foods and not junks. Junk foods are usually consumed as “cherished” meals, for example, ice-creams, fried meals, egg yolks, buttermilk cheese and other dietary products which include some varieties of red meat, fish and poultry.
Their effects usually culminate in build-up of plaque which reduces the flow of oxygen-rich blood and cause such deadly diseases as heart-attack, stroke, hypertension, diabetes, obesity and even death.
Heart-giving foods are basically low-fat cholesterol ‘free’ diets, whole grains fruits, vegetables and legumes. They will make one to feel better, look healthier and have more energy and high chances of long life-span.
Cabbage, green vegetables such as pumpkin and other chlorophyll rich vegetables should not be overcooked. This is to prevent destruction of anti-cancer properties that are concentrated in them in the form of isothiocyanates and Glucosinolates.
2. Get enough fresh air especially through productive daily exercise, resting when necessary in order for the body to regain its strength. Work towards maintaining a normal body mass relative to your height Body Mass Index (BMI) = weight (kg)/(Height)2 (M2).
3. Avoid alcohol consumption. It depresses the nervous system.
4. Avoid caffeine or reduce its intake level to the barest minimum, if you cannot totally stop taking it. Excess of it decreases the body’s tolerance level to life’s stress; it can also cause insomnia.
5. Smoking of cigarette and hemps should not be mentioned let alone practised among health Cravers. They pollute the body both internally and externally, weaken the spirit and distort the mind.
6. Regulate your eating habit. Eat moderately and modestly. Avoid a gluttonous lifestyle; maintain self-discipline.
7. Have a mental picture of who you desire to be and consciously work towards that. Maintain a good posture when walk-in, standing or sitting down. Be real; not a carbon-copy of somebody else.
8. Don’t overload your mind with offences, it is an unhealthy weight.
9. Avoid being moody, maintain a conscious state of happiness even in the midst of challenges. This is the least expensive cure for melancholy and stress.
10. Laugh and smile from the heart. They produce curative effects on the body.
11. Abhor sadness. It is a precursor to stress and the latter can cause premature aging.
What you should know about ENDORPHINS
Endorphins can be described as an internalized ‘miracle‘ drug made naturally by the body as a ‘feel good ‘ substance. It is both protective and healthy promoting. Endorphins is a peptide secreted by the brain and it serves as a natural pain killer, fatigue suppressant and a promoter of euphoria.
Its production is boosted by positive mental attitude and physical exercise. Your health is in your hand, live it successfully.